If You have any questions relating Oracle APPS DBA Please use comment box and POST your questions. I will try my best to answer your queries.
1)I am applying a patch , can I open another session and run adadmin ?
Ans: Yes, We can run unless you are running a process where workers are involved
2)I am applying a patch , can I open another session in another node and run adpatch?
Ans:No because it will create tables while running first session when you start the 2nd session it will fail due to the first
1. How to determine Oracle Apps 11i Version ?
Ans : select RELEASE_NAME from fnd_product_groups;
You should see output like
2. How to find Database version ?
Ans : SQL> select * from v$version;
The command returns the release information, such as the following:Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 184.108.40.206.0 – ProductionPL/SQL Release 220.127.116.11.0 – ProductionCORE 18.104.22.168.0 ProductionTNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 22.214.171.124.0 – ProductionNLSRTL Version 126.96.36.199.0 – Production
3. How to find opatch Version ?
Ans : opatch is utility to apply database patch , In order to find opatch version execute”$ORACLE_HOME/OPatch/opatch version”
You can check OPatch -lsinventory
4. How to find out invalid objects in the database
Ans : select count(*) from dba_objects where status =’INVALID’
5. How you will see hidden files in linux/solaris?
Ans : ls -la
6. How to find that the database is 64-bit/32-bit?
Ans : $RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME/bin/file oracle
7. What is top command?
Ans : top is a operating system command, it will display top 10 processes which are taking high cpu and memory. 8. What is a patch?Ans : A patch can be a solution for a bug/it can be a new feature.
9. What are the different types of patches?
Ans : oneoff, mini packs, family packs, maintanance packs, rollup pathches, colsolidated patches.
8. What is a oneoff patch?
Ans : An oneoff patch is a small patch of (20-90K size) without any pre-req’s
9. What is a mini pack ?
Ans : A mini pack is one which will upgrade any product patchset level to next level like AD.H to AD.I
10. What is Family pack ?
Ans : A Family pack is one which will upgade the patchset level of all the products in that family to perticular patchsetlevel.
11. What is Maintanance pack ?
Ans : A maintanance pack will upgrade applications from one version to another like 11.5.8 to 11.5.9
12. What is a Rollup patch?
Ans : A rollup patch is one which will deliver bug fixes identified after the release of any major application versions like 11.5.8/11.5.9
13. What is consilidated patch?
Ans: Consolidated patches will come into pictures after upgrades from one version of applications to anoter, all post upgrade patches will a consolidated and given as consolidated patch.
14. How u will find whether a patch is applied/not?
Ans : Query ad_bugs.
15. What is the other table where u can query what are the patches applied?
Ans : Ad_applied_patches
16. What is the difference between ad_bugs and ad_applied_patches?
Ans: A patch can deliver solution for more than one bug, so ad_applied_patches may not give u the perfect information as in case of ad_bugs.
17. How u apply a patch?
Ans : adpatch
18. What inputs you need to apply a patch other than driver name and etc?
Ans : apps and system passwords
19. What are the table u r adpatch will create and when?
Ans : Adpatch will create FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES and AD_DEFERRED_JOBS table when it will apply d,g and u drivers
20. What is the significance of FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES and AD_DEFERRED_JOBS table?Ans: FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES table will store the worker information like what job is assigned to which worker and its status. AD_DEFERRED_JOBS will come into picture when some worker is failed, it will be moved to AD_DEFERRED_JOBS table, from where again adpatch will take that job and try to resign, after doing this 3 times if still that worker is failing, then adpatch will stop patching and throw the error that perticular worker has failed. We need to trouble shoot and restrart the worker.
21. If it is a multinode installation which driver we need to apply on which node?
Ans: c,d,g on concurrent node and c, g on web node. If it is u-driver we need to apply on all nodes.
22.While applying a application patch is that necessary that u r database and listener should be up?
Ans: Yes . why because adpatch will connect to database and update so many tables etc…..
23. While applying a patch if that patch is failing because of a pre-req then how you will apply that pre-req patch and resume with the current patch?
Ans: We need to take the backup of FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES and AD_DEFERRED_JOBS tables and restart directory at APPL_TOP/amdin/SID and then use adctrl to quit all the workers. Then apply the pre-req patch , after that rename u r restart directory to its original name and create FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES and AD_DEFERRED_JOBS tables from the bcakup tables. Start adpatch session and take the options want to continue previous session.
24. What is adctrl?
Ans: Adctrl is one of the adutilities, which is used to check the status of workers and to manage the workers.
25. Can u name some of the menu options in adctrl?
Ans: Check the status of workers, tell manager that worker has quited, restart a failed worker etc….
26. How to skip a worker and why?
Ans: We can skip a worker using option 8 in adctrl which is hidden. We will go for skipping a worker when we have executed the job which the worker is supposed to do.
27. How adpatch knows what are the pre-req’s for the patch which it is applying?
Ans: With every patch a file called b.ldt file will be delivered which contain the pre-req information. adpatch load this into databse using FNDLOAD and check , whether those pre-req patches were applied or not.
28. What is FNDLOAD ?
Ans: FNDLOAD is a utility which is similar to sqlloder but loads code objects into database, where as SQLLOADER loads data objects into database.
29. What c-driver will do?
Ans: C-drive copies the files from patch unzipped directory to required location in u r application file system. Before copying it will check the file version of the existing file at the file system with the file version of the file in the patch. If the patch file version is higher than what it is at file system level then only c-driver will copy that files.
30. How adpatch will know the file versions of the patch delivered files?
Ans:With each patch a file with name f.ldt is delivered , which contain the file versions of the files dilivered with the patch. Adpatch will use this file to compare the file versions of files its delivering with the file on file system.
31. What is the adpatch log file location?
Ans : APPL_TOP/admin/SID/log
32. What is the worker log file name and its location?
Ans : adwork01,adwork02…… and location is APPL_TOP/admin/SID/log
33. How u will know what are the files the patch is going to change just my unzipping the patch?
Ans:When u unzip a patch it will keep all the files related to a particular product under that directory inside u r patch directory for example if the patch delivering files related to FND product then it will create a sub directory under the patch directory with the name FND in which it will put all related files to that product
34. What is the significance of backup directory under u r patch directory?
Ans:When we apply a patch it will keep the copy of the files which its going to change in file system.
35. What are the different modes you can run your adpatch?
Ans :1.Interactive – default mode
2.Non interactive – Use defaults files to store prompt values
(adpatch defaultsfile= interactive=no)
3. Test – Without actually applying a patch just to check what doing.(adpatch apply=no)
36. How u will monitor u r applications as well as database?
Ans: We have our custom scripts which is sheduled to run at a specific time which will monitor whether applications and databases are up/not. And it will mail us if some processes is not running. And we have one script which will check database alert log for ORA errors and mails it to us . Based on this we will react.
37. What are the latest ORA errors u have encountered?
Ans: Useually we will get the ORA errors like unable to extend the tablespace by so and so size. And we will check those tablespaces for space, if space is not there we will resize the datafile and add one more datafile.
38. Which table u will query to check the tablespace space issues?
Ans : bytes column in dba_free_spaces and dba_data_files
39. Which table u will query to check the temp tablespace space issues?
Ans : dba_temp_files
40. What is temp tablespace? And what is the size of temp tablespace in u r instances?
Ans : Temp tablespace is used by so many application programs for sorting and other stuff. Its size is between 3 to 10 GB.
41. What is autoconfig?
Ans : Autoconfig is an adutility which is used to maintain application environment and configuration files.
42. What are the parameter autoconfig will ask for?
Ans : Context file name and apps password
43. What is context file?
Ans : Context file is a central repositary, which stores all application configuration information. The name is like _ .xml
44. How you will find autoconfig is enabled/not for u r applications?
Ans: 1. Open any env / configuration files, the first few lines will tell u that this files are maintained by autoconfig.2. If contextname.xml file is there in APPL_TOP/admin
45. How autoconfig will create env and configuration files?
Ans: Autoconfig will go to each and every top template directory take the templates from there and fill the values from xml file and create the required files.
46. In how many phases autoconfig will run?
Ans : Autoconfig will run in 3 phases.
1.INIT – Instantiate the drivers and templates
2.SETUP – Fill the templated with values from xml and create files
3.PROFILE – Update the profile values in database.
47. What is the location of adconfig log file?
Ans : APPL_TOP/admin//log/
48. Is it possiable to restore a autoconfig run?
Ans : Adconfig will create a restore.sh script at $APPL_TOP/admin//out/. This restore.sh will copy the backed up files before autoconfig run to its original locations. But the profile values updated in the database can’t be restored back.
49. How to run autoconfig in test mode?
Ans : adchkcfg.sh script at AD_TOP/bin. This script will run autoconfig in test mode and create the difference file which tells us what is going to change , when u actually run autoconfig.
50. How to find autoconfig is enabled or not for database?
Ans: If we have appsutil directory under RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME
51. When a patch delivers java files what extra file u will get when u unzip the patch, other then u r dirver and readme files?
Ans : j.zip52.
52.What is apps.zip/appsbrog2.zip file?
Ans : apps.zip/appsbrog2.zip is the patchable archive of all java class files required for oracle application.Apps.zip was used to old application version, but from 11.5.8 onwards its appsbrog2.zip
53. What is the location of apps.zip/appsbrog2.zip?
Ans : AU_TOP/java and JAVA_TOP
54. What is for “validating apps schema” option in adadmin?
Ans: It will check for the corrupted objects in apps schema
55. What is “compile apps schema” option in adadmin?
Ans : It will compile the invalid database objects.
56. How to find invalid objects in database?
Ans : select count(*) from dba_objects where status=’INVALID’;
57. How to find MRC is enabled or not?
Ans: In adadmin if covert to MRC options is there , then MRC is not enabled,If maintain MRC options is there , then MRC is enabled.
58. How to find Multi-Org is enabled or not?
Ans : In adadmin if covert to Multi org option is there, then Multi-org is not enabled. If maintain multi-org options is there, then Multi-org is enabled.
59. What is mean by MRC?
Ans: MRC stands for Multiple reporting Currency, this should be enabled to see the reports in different currencies like (rupees,yaans etc).
60. What is Multi-Org?
Ans: If this is enabled we can store multiple organization information in a single oracle application instance.
61. What is the configuration file for adutilities (like adadmin,adconfig etc)?
Ans: adconfig.txt @APPL_TOP/admin
62. What is adrelink?
Ans : adrelink will relink the executables with the libraries. Generally we will go for adrelink when some patch delivers some library files, or when executables were corrupted.
63. How to find the version of a file?
Ans : 1. adident Header 2. strings -a filename grep Header
64. What is adodfcmp utility?
Ans : This utility is used to recreate/repair corrupted database objects from odf(object defination files) files.
65. How you will change apps password?
Ans: FNDCPASS 0 y apps/ system/ SYSTEM APPLSYS
66. What if apps password is changed with alter command?
Ans : Applications won’t work.
66. What is the difference between alter and FNDCPASS in changing apps password?
Ans : FNDCPASS will update some fnd tables other than standard tables.
67. Where the FNDCPASS utility is located?
Ans : Concurrent node @FND_TOP/bin
68. How to find out what component of u r oracle applications were installed on which node?
Ans : Xml file (context file)
69. How to find the version of httpd/Apache web server?
Ans : $IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/bin/httpd –version
70. What is the configuration file for httpd and what is the location of it ?
Ans : httpd.conf @IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache/conf
71. Where you will see when you have some problem with u r webserver(httpd/Apache)?
Ans : access_log & error_log @IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache/logs
72. When Apache starts what other components its start ?
Ans : PL/SQL Listener, Servlet Engine, OJSP Engine
73. What is jserv?
Ans : jserv is nothing but servlet engine which will run u r servlets. It’s a module of apache which supports servlets.
74. What is self service application?
Ans : Whatever part of u r oracle application u r able to see through web browser is self service.
75. Where u will see when u r not able to get self service applications?
Ans : access_log,error_log, error_pls, jserv.log, wdbsvr.app(for apps password)
76. What is the location of jserv.log?
Ans : IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Jserv/log
77. What is the location of wdbsvr.app ?
Ans : IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/modplsql/cfg
78. What are jserv.conf and jserv.properties files?
Ans : These are the configuration files which were used to start jvm’s(servlet engine) by apache.
79. What is mean by clearing cache and bouncing apache?
Ans : 1. Stop apache (adapcctl.sh stop apps)
2. Clear cache – Go to $COMMON_TOP/html/_pages and delete _oa_html directory
(rm –r _oa__html)
3. Start apache (adapcctl.sh start apps)
80. What is forms configuration file and its location?
Ans : appsweb_contextname.cfg @$COMMON_TOP/html/bin
81. What are the different modes u can start u r form server?
Ans : socket and servlet
82. What is the difference beween socket and servlet mode?
Ans : In socket mode forms sessions are represented by f60webmx
In servlet mode forms sessions are represented by apache processes.
83. What is forms metric server and client?
Ans : When there are more than one form sever instances then forms metric server and clinet will be used to load balance.
84. Where the forms server related errors will be logged?
Ans : access_log and error_log
85. What is report server configuration and log file name and its location?
Ans : Configuration file – REP_.ora
Log file – REP_.log @806_ORACLE_HOME/reports60/server
86. What is CGIcmd.dat file and its location?
Ans : CGIcmd.dat file is the run time parameter file the report server located @ 806_ORACLE_HOME/reports60/server
87. What is the significance of DISPLAY variable?
Ans : Vnc server should be up and running at the specified port value in DISPLAY variable, otherwise reportserver may not able to show the graphics in Reports.
88. Where is the concurrent manager log file located?
Ans : $COMMON_TOP/admin//log or $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG
89. Is apps password necessary to start all the components of oracle application?
Ans : No. Only to start/stop concurrent managers apps password is needed.
90. What is a concurrent manager?
Ans : A concurrent manager is one which runs concurrent requests.
91. What are the different types of concurrent managers?
Ans : 1. Internal concurrent manager – Will start all other managers and monitor
2. Standard Manager – All concurrent request by default will to go this
3. Conflict resolution manager – Concurrent programs with incompatabilites will be handled by this
4. Transaction manager – Handle all transaction requests
92. What are actual and target count in ‘Adminster Concurrent Managers form’?
Ans : Target is the no. of concurrent processes a manager is supposed to start(specified in the defination of concurrent manager).Actual is the no. of processes a manager started actually.
Target and Actual should be always same.
93. What if Target and Actual are not same?
Ans : It means at operating system level resources are low to accomidate the required processes for concurrent managers.
94. What are work shifts?
Ans : Work shifts are nothing but timings at which the concurrent manager is supposed to run.
95. What if internal concurrent manager target and actual are not same?
Ans : we need to bounce the concurrent manager using adcmctl.sh
96. How to bounce a single concurrent manager?
Ans : From frontend using ‘Administer Concurrent Manager form’.
97. When we change apps password , is it necessary to bounce application?
Ans : Only we need to bounce concurrent managers.
98. What is dbc file and its location?
Ans : dbc file contain database connection information. DBC file is used by oracle applications to connect to database. Its location is $FND_TOP/secure
99. What is the other script by which u can start apache other than adapcctl.sh?
Ans : apachectl @IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/bin
100. What is the configuration file for PL/SQL listener?
Ans : httpd_pls.conf @IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache/conf
101. How to skip copy portion while applying a patch?
Ans : Adpatch options=nocopyportion
102. How to merge patches and what type of patches can be merged?
Ans : admrgpch. We can merge any kind of application patches, if any of the patch contain a u-driver then merged patch will contain u_merged.drv otherwise c_merged.drv, d_merged.drv and g_merged.drv
103. What is the Tiered architecture of u r instance?
Ans : Two Tier: Web and Forms on one node and Conc, admin and report on other node.
104. How to find formserver version?
Ans: f60gen and press enter, it will tell u the formserver version or we can find out from the frondend using help menu.
105. What is RRA?
Ans : RRA stands for Report Review Agent. RRA is nothing but FNDFS which is part of apps listener. RRA job is to pick the log/out file from the file system and show on the editor when u press view log/out button in ‘View concurrent request form’.
106. What is apps listener?
Ans : Apps lintener is the combination of FNDFS and FNDSM. FNDSM is service manager which will monitor application services on that node when GSM:enable profile value is ‘Y’.
107. What is GSM?
Ans : GSM stands for Generic service Manager, which will monitor application processes like web, forms etc and restarts any of this processes if goes down.
108. How to find the application version like 11.5.8/11.5.9….?
Ans : select release_name from fnd_product_groups;
109. How to find the database/sqlplus version?
Ans : select banner from v$version;
110. How to find out what are the languages enabled in u r applications?
Ans : Query fnd_languages
111. What is the size of u r database?
Ans : 200 to 500 GB
112. How to find operating system version?
Ans : uname –a
113. What are the problems u have faced while shutting down applications?
Ans : While shutting down application generally concurrent manager won’t go down because some or the other request may be running. We will see what are the concurrent requests running by querying fnd_concurrent_requests, fnd_concurrent_program_vl, v$session,v$process and v$sqltext. If that request is only doing some select statement then we will kill those requests, otherwise we will check what time it will take to complete by querying the previous runs of that request and then we will decide what to do.
114. What are the problems u have faced while starting up applications?
Ans : Most of the time we will encounter problem with starting up concurrent managers. Reasons , database listener may be down or FNDSM entries are wrong in tnsnames.ora of 806_ORACLE_HOME.
115. How to find the locks and what is the resolution?
Ans : we can find general locks with the following query:
select * from sys.dba_dml_locks order by session_id.
We can find the dead locks with the following query:
select * from v$lock where lmode > 0 and id1 in (select distinct id1 from v$lock where request > 0)
If it’s a dead lock, we need to kill that session.
116. How to kill a database session?
Ans : alter system kill session ‘&sid,&sno’;
117. How to find adconfig is enabled for oracle operating system user/database?
Ans : If appsutil directory is there in RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME
118. Which files tell u the database helath?
Ans : alert log file @RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME/admin//bdump
119. How to apply a rdbms patch?
Ans : Using opatch
120. How to find opatch is enabled or not for u r database?
Ans : If Opatch directory exists under RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME.
121. What is the pre-req for applying a rdbms patch?
Ans : Inventory should be set in file oraInst.loc @/var/opt/oracle or /etc
122. What is Inventroy?
Ans: The oraInventory is the location for the OUI (Oracle Universal Installer)’s bookkeeping. The inventory stores information about: All Oracle software products installed in all ORACLE_HOMES on a machine Other non-Oracle products, such as the Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
In a 11i Application system the RDBMS and iAS ORACLE_HOMEs are registered in the oraInventory. The 806 ORACLE_HOME, which is not managed through OUI, is not.
123. What are different types of inventories?
Ans: The Global inventory (or Central inventory) The Local inventory (or Home inventory)
124. What is Global inventory?
Ans : The Global Inventory is the part of the XML inventory that contains the high level list of all oracle products installed on a machine. There should therefore be only one per machine. Its location is defined by the content of oraInst.loc.The Global Inventory records the physical location of Oracle products installed on the machine, such as ORACLE_HOMES (RDBMS and IAS) or JRE. It does not have any information about the detail of patches applied to each ORACLE_HOMEs.The Global Inventory gets updated every time you install or de-install an ORACLE_HOME on the machine, be it through OUI Installer, Rapid Install, or Rapid Clone.
Note: If you need to delete an ORACLE_HOME, you should always do it through the OUI de-installer in order to keep the Global Inventory synchronized.
125. What is local inventory?
Ans : There is one Local Inventory per ORACLE_HOME. It is physically located inside the ORACLE_HOME at $ORACLE_HOME/inventory and contains the detail of the patch level for that ORACLE_HOME.The Local Inventory gets updated whenever a patch is applied to the ORACLE_HOME, using OUI.
126. What is rapid clone?
Ans : Rapid Clone is the new cloning utility introduced in Release 11.5.8. Rapid Clone leverages the new installation and configuration technology utilized by Rapid Install
127. How do I determine if my system is rapid clone enabled?
Ans : First, verify that your system is AutoConfig enabled. Then, verify that you have applied the latest Rapid Clone patch.
128. Explain the cloning process?
Ans :1. Run adpreclone as applmgr and oracle user on source Perl adpreclone.pl dbTier as oracle user Perl adpreclone.pl appsTier as applmgr user
2. Take the cold/hotbackup of source database
3. Copy the five directories appl,comn,ora , db,data to target
4. Rename the directories, and change the permisssion
5. Set the inventory in oraInst.loc
6. Run perl adcfgclone.pl dbTier as oracle user,if the backup type is cold
7. If the backup type is hotbackup then Perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack. Create the control file on target from the control script trace file from source Recover the database Alter database open resetlogs
8. Run autoconfig with the ports changed as per requirement in xml.
9. Run perl adcfgclone.pl appsTier as applmgr
10. Run autoconfig with the ports changed as per requirement in xml.
129. What is the location of adpreclone.pl for oracle user?
Ans : RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/scripts/
130. What is the location of adpreclone.pl for applmgr user?
Ans : $COMMON_TOP/admin/scripts/
131. What is the location of adcfgclone.pl for oracle user?
Ans : $RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/clone/bin
132. What is the location of adcfgclone.pl for applmgr user?
Ans : $COMMON_TOP/clone/bin
133. What is statspack?
Ans : Statspack is a database utility to gather database and session level performance information.
134. How to install statspack?
Ans : Run the script spcreate.sql @RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin
Note more details on statspack refer metalink noteid: 149113.1
135. How to enable trace at database level?
Ans : set init.ora parameter sql_trace
136. How to enable trace for a session?
Ans: Alter system set sql_trace=true;
Execute the sql query
Alter system set sql_trace=false;
This will create a trace file at
$RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME/admin/contextname/udump with the spid of the current sql session.
137. How to enable trace for other session?
Ans : exec sys.dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session(sid,serial#,true/false)
Eg: To enable trace for sql session with sid 8SQL> exec sys.dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session(8,121,true);
PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
To disable trace
SQL> exec sys.dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session(8,121,false);
138.What is the location of inint.ora ?
Ans : $RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME/dbs
139. What is that trace files contains and the utiliy used to read them?
Ans : Trace file contains the detail diagnostics of a sql statement like explain plan, physical reads, logical reads, buffer gets etc. Tkprof utility is used to convert trace file into readable format.
140. What is the syntax for tkprof?
Ans: tkprof explain=apps/ sys=no
141.How do we find adpreclone is run in source or not ?
Ans : If clone directory exists under RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME/appsutil for oracle user and $COMMON_TOP for applmgr user.
143. How to find trace file for a given concurrent request id?
Ans : Go to $RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME/admin//udump
grep “ “ *
144. What is a database link? How to create it?
Ans : If we want to access objects of another database from this database then we need a database link from this database to the other.
1.Login as oracle user
2.sqlplus “/as sysdba”
3. create database link connect to identified by using ”;
SQL> create database link TEST1_TO_TEST2 connect to apps identified by apps using ‘TEST2′;
Database link created.
SQL> select name from v$database@ TEST1_TO_TEST2;
SQL>select db_link from dba_db_links;
4. Add destination database tns entry in tnsnames.ora
145. How many clonings u have done?
Ans : If u r very much confident on cloning processes then say 5 to 8 otherwise just 2 or 3.
146. What u know abt RMAN?
Ans : If u r good at RMAN then say yes, otherwise say we are not using RMAN for backup/recovery , why because we are using netapp snap technology for backups.
147. What is netapp?
Ans : Netapp is a storage technology.
148. What is formserver url?
149. What is jinitiator?
Ans : Oracle jinitiator is the one which provide the required jvm to run forms interface/applet. When we access forms applet first time , oracle jinitiator will be installed automatically.
150. What is discoverer server?
Ans : Discoverer server is reporting tools which allows novoice user to use oracle application reports. Discoverer will come along with oracle applications when installed.
151. What is discoverer viewer url?
Ans: /discoverer4i/viewer152. What is discoverer plus url?
Ans : Ans : Aoljtest is a web based utility to test the availability of the different components of oracle applications like jserv,modplsql,jsp,forms etc
154. What is adsplicer?
Ans : Adsplicer is a uitility used to register off cycle products.
155. What is licence manager?
Ans : Licence manager(adlicmgr) utility is used to licence/unlicence , enable new languages,enbale country specific functionality.
156. What is tnsping?
Ans : tnsping is command used to check the connectivity to the database server node from other nodes.
Note: Tns entry should be there in tnsnames.ora for the database we are trying to work this command.
158. How to compile a form using f60gen?Ans :
f60gen module=/TEST/testappl/au/11.5.0/forms/F/ARXTWMAI.fmb userid=APPS/APPS output_file=/TEST/testappl/ar/11.5.0/forms/F/ARXTWMAI.fmx module_type=form batch=yes compile_all=special
160. What is APPLPTMP environment variable?
Ans : This is the temporary file location for the pl/sql temp files. If this variable was not set then the concurrent programs may errored out. 161. What is mean by enabling maintanance mode?
Ans : Maintanance mode is the adadmin option introduced from AD.I. When maintanance mode is enabled user may able to login to application but they only get profile option in the frontend navigation menu.
162. Is that necessary to enable maintanance mode while applying a patch?
Ans : We can even apply a patch without enabling maintanance mode with the following option
163. How to find out oracle application framework version?
Ans : 1. Through aoljtest2. cd $COMMON_TOP/html/3. adident Header OA.jsp
164. How to find out what are the rdbms patches applied to an oracle home?
Ans :1. opatch lsinventory
2. $RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME/.patch_storage directory contains the directories with the rdbms patch number, which are applied to this oracle home.
165. Is that necessary to shutdown database while applying a database patch?
Ans : Yes.
166. What is the command line utility to submit a concurrent request?
Ans : CONSUB
167. What is the significance of utl_file_dir parameter in init.ora file?
Ans : The value of this parameter is the group of directories to which u r database can write, means u r database packages have permission to write to flat files in these directories.
168. How you will find out discoverer version?
Ans : cd $806_ORACLE_HOME/discwb4/lib strings libd* grep ‘Version:’
169. While applying a rdbms patch using opatch you are getting the error, unable to read inventory/inventory is corrupted/ORACLE_HOME is not not registered, what you will do, and how you will apply the patch?
Ans: We will check the inventory directory permission, try to apply the patch after giving 777 permissions to that inventory directory. If still it won’t work we will apply patch with the following command:
Opatch apply no_inventory
172. Have you applied rdbms patches and for what?
Ans : We got ORA-7445 error in alert log, for which oracle recommended to apply a rdbms patch.
173. What are the patch errors , you have encountered?
Ans :1)Patch fails with the error, unable to generate perticular form, do u want to continue. We continue patching by saying “yes”, then we manually regenarate the form using f60gen utility.
2) Unable to generate jar files under JAVA_TOP AutoPatch error: Failed to generate the product JAR files Solution:Run adjkey -initialize ———–to creat identitydb.obj file which will beused by adjava to sign jar files.
174. How Frequently you apply patches
Ans : As and when I get a requirement.
175. What type of patches you have applied so far?
Ans : One-off,Mini,Family
177. What are the clone errors, you have encountered?
Ans : Error:
RC-50013: Fatal: Failed to instantiate driver/u01/fms2c/appfms2c/fms2cora/iAS/appsutil/driver/instconf.drvCauseThe source instance has files that adpreclone flags as ‘autoconfigable’ but in reality they are not. So adpreclone.pl adds these files into the instconf.drv. Then when adcfgclone.pl is run on target it looks for the template file to instantiate for these files and since there isn’t a template file adcfgclone.pl fails. SolutionModify the target’s instconf.drv and remove the offending lines. Then rerun adcfgclone.pl
178. What are the real time problems you have encountered and how you trouble shooted that?
Ans:1. Concurrent Program is erroing out with snapshot too old error. To resolve this we have added space to temp tablespace.2. Concurrent Program is erroing out with unable to extent a perticular tablespace by so and so extents. To resolve this we have added on more data file to that tablespace.3. When we are trying to start apache with adapcctl.sh script after a autoconfig run, its saying that “node id is not matching with the application server id”. To resolve this we have updated the server id column in fnd_nodes table with the server id value in dbc file.
179. How you will find workflow version?
Ans : Run wfver.sql@FND_TOP/sql script as apps user
180 . When forms are running in servlet mode then the environment variables required for forms must be defined in what file and its location?
Ans : formsservlet.ini@$APACHE_TOP/Jserv/etc.
181. How to find out which patch driver is applied(like c,d,g or u)?
Ans: query ad_patch_drivers.
182. How to find out whether a language patch is applied for a perticular patch?
Ans : Query ad_patch_driver_langs.
183. How to validate that sysadmin password is correct or not from backend?
Ans: select fnd_web_sec.validate_login(‘SYSADMIN’,’Qwert8765′) from dual;
184. How to compile jsp’s(other than from adadmin)?
Ans: Force compilation of all jsps using the following command ojspCompile.pl –compile –flush
185. How to rotate logs for apache logs?
Ans: Using rotatelogs executable in httpd.conf file. Use Errorlog for error_log file rotation. Transferlog for other log files.
186. Other way of checking whether MRC is enabled or not besides using adadmin?
Ans : select multi_currency_flag from fnd_product_groups;
187. How to compile rdf?
Ans: Either using adadmin or rwcon60
189. How to change file/directory owner in linux/solaris?
Ans : chown – R :
Ex: chown – R applmgr:dba testappl
190. How to change the permission of file/directory in linux/solaris?
Ans : chmod –R
Ex : chmod –R 755 testappl
191. What are the files which contain apps password?
3. wfmail.cfg@FND_TOP/resource – optional
4. CatalogLoader.conf@OA_JAVA – optional
5. CatalogLoader.xml@OA_HTML – optional
192. What is the script to find out ICM status?
Ans : afimchk.sql@FND_TOP/sql
193. What is the script to list the concurrent request status?
194. What is the script that Lists managers that currently are running a request?
Ans : afcmrrq.sql@FND_TOP/sql
195) How can I determine whether a template is customizable or non-customizable?
Ans : If a keyword “LOCK” is present at the end of the file entry in the respective driver, then it is a non-customizable template. If the “LOCK” keyword is not seen, then that template can be customized.
196) How to find out JDBC version :
Ans : In the middle tier, edit the jserv.properties file located in the IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Jserv/etc directory- Locate the wrapper.classpath that is pointing to the jdbc zip file/opt/oracle/apps/$TWO_TASK/comn/java/jdbc14.zip
197)How to findout XML Parser Version
Ans : SQL> select WF_EVENT_XML.XMLVersion() XML_VERSION from sys.dual;
198)How to find out WorkFlow Version
Ans SQL> select TEXT Version from WF_RESOURCES where TYPE = ‘WFTKN’ and NAME = ‘WF_VERSION’;
199) How to find a file version in Application DB:
select v.version,v.CREATION_DATE,c.CREATION_DATE from AD_FILES c,AD_FILE_VERSIONS v where c.FILENAME like ‘ARPURGEB.pls’ AND c.file_id = v.file_id AND c.app_short_name = ‘AR’;
When a copy driver (C) or the copy portion of a unified driver (U) are aborted for any reason, upon reapplying, the CREATION_DATE and/or LAST_UPDATE_DATE columns in the patching history tables (Ex: AD_FILE_VERSIONS)are not updated to show the proper installation date but are left with the 01-01-1950 date. you can resolve the issuse by applying the latest ad.I patch.
200) How to check whether the product is install,shared and Not installed in Apps.?
Ans : By using below Query we can find.
SQL>select t.application_name, t.application_id, i.patch_level, decode(i.status,’I’,’Fully Installed’,‘N’,’Not Installed’,’S’,’Shared’,’Undetermined’) statusfrom fnd_product_installations i, fnd_application_vl twhere i.application_id = t.application_idorder by t.application_id;